- large egg yolk - see Note 1 for mayo alternative
- ¼ cup OLEA's Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 to 2 cloves garlic
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice - fresh squeezed
- ⅕ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon dijon mustard - (optional)
Add the garlic, egg yolk, lemon juice, dijon mustard, and salt to a small food processor or use an immersion blender. Turn it on and slowly drizzle in the olive oil until emulsified. It should be thick and creamy. See Notes 2 if you don't have a food processor or blender.
Taste and add more salt or lemon juice if desired. Blend in more oil if it's too thin or water if it's too thick. Transfer to a bowl and serve. Enjoy! Makes ⅓ cup.
- Don't want to use egg yolk? Substitute the egg yolk and olive oil with ¼ cup of mayo and 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Mix together all the ingredients until combined.
- If you don't have a food processor or blender, mince and mash the garlic into a smooth paste. Add it to a mixing bowl with the egg yolk, mustard, lemon juice and salt. Slowly drizzle in the olive oil while whisking constantly until emulsified and thickened.
- For a mild garlic flavor, you can use roasted garlic or leave out the garlic and use OLEA's Garlic Infused Olive Oil.
Recipe adapted from drivemehungry.com
Back to Side Dishes