- 6 medium, 2 lbs beets
- 5 oz 6 cups baby arugula, rinsed and spun dry
- 4 oz or 1/2 cup feta cheese, diced or crumbled
- 1/2 cup pecans, toasted
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
Balsamic Vinaigrette Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup OLEA's Mild or Medium Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 Tbsp OLEA's Traditional Dark Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Gravelbourg's French Mustard
- 1 garlic clove, pressed or finely minced
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
Preheat the oven to 400˚F. Line the bottom of a medium rimmed baking sheet with foil. Wrap each beet tightly in a sheet of foil and arrange lined baking sheet. Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour or until largest beet is easily pierced. Unwrap beets and cool to room temperature then peel the skins and slice into halves and then wedges.
Toast 1/2 cup pecans on a dry skillet, tossing frequently until golden and fragrant. Remove from heat and let cool.
Transfer arugula to a large mixing bowl then add remaining salad ingredients: sliced beets, feta cheese, toasted pecans and dried cranberries.
How To Make Balsamic Vinaigrette:
In a small mason jar, combine all dressing ingredients and shake well to combine. Drizzle over salad to taste. If not serving salad right away, shake the dressing again just before drizzling over salad.
Recipe Adapted From natashaskitchen.com