- ½ tsp finely grated lemon zest, plus 1 tablespoon fresh juice
- Kosher salt
- Pinch of saffron
- Pinch of sugar
- 1 clove garlic, thinly sliced (1 teaspoon)
- 1 tbsp fresh oregano leaves, chopped
- ¼ cup fresh parsley leaves, chopped, plus more for serving
- ½ cup plus 2 Tbsp OLEA's Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4 ounces feta, drained and sliced
- Crusty bread, for serving
Preheat oven to 250°F. Using a mortar and pestle, grind together lemon zest, 3/4 teaspoon salt, saffron, and sugar. Add lemon juice and let stand 5 minutes. Add garlic; mash to a paste. Mash in herbs, then 2 tablespoons oil.
In a bowl, toss shrimp with herb mixture; let stand 15 minutes. Arrange shrimp and feta in a shallow ovenproof dish just large enough to hold them snugly. Pour remaining 1/2 cup oil over top. Bake, spooning oil over shrimp occasionally, until shrimp are pink and cooked through, 25 to 30 minutes. Serve with more parsley and bread.
Recipe Adapted By: marthastewart.com