Time: 25 minutes
Yield: 20-30 canape servings
1 baguette, sliced ¼ inch thick
¼ cup OLEA’s Olive Wood Smoked Infused Olive Oil
Leek and Pea Purée
2 leeks, sliced thinly
2 cups frozen green peas
¼ cup + 1 tbsp OLEA’s Olive Wood Smoked Infused Olive Oil
⅓ cup half and half cream
1 tbsp salt
Cracked black pepper
400g feta, drained
¾ cup greek yogurt
3 tbsp OLEA’s Olive Wood Smoked Infused Olive Oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit
- Lightly brush each baguette slice with OLEA’s Smoked Olive Wood Olive Oil on both sides. Place on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes, turning once.
Prepare Leek and Pea Purée
- Thinly slice leeks and reserve ¼ cup for garnish.
- Cover peas with water in a microwave safe bowl and microwave on high for 2 minutes. Drain. Reserve 2 tbsp for garnish.
- Heat ¼ cup OLEA’s Smoked Olive Wood Olive Oil in a large frying pan on medium high.
- Sauté leeks in oil for 1-2 minutes, until leaks turn translucent, but do not brown. Add peas and sauté a further 2-3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Add cream. Blend until smooth.
- Using the same pan, add the additional 1 tbsp OLEA’s Olive Wood Smoked Infused Olive Oil and the ¼ cup reserved leaks. Fry on high until golden brown. Remove from heat and rest on a paper towel.
*leeks should be sliced from the bottom up. Only the white and light green parts should be used. The dark green leaves can be discarded.
Prepare Whipped Feta
- Put olive feta, greek yogurt, and olive oil in a large bowl and beat with a hand mixer or stand mixer until well combined and spreadable.
- Spread leek and pea purée alongside the whipped feta on a plate. Garnish with reserved peas and fried leaks. Drizzle with OLEA’s Denissimo Dark Balsamic Vinegar. Serve with crostini.