- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Kosher salt
- Black pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano, divided
- 2 tablespoons Garlic Infused Olive Oil
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 1 large lemon, juiced
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 1 medium red onion, finely chopped
- 4 small tomatoes, diced, about 1 ½ cups
- ¼ cup sliced green olives
- Handful of fresh parsley, stems removed, leaves chopped
- Crumbled feta cheese (optional)
Prep the chicken: Pat the chicken breasts dry. Make three shallow slits on each side of the chicken breast.
Season the chicken: Rub the garlic oil on both sides of the chicken, and into the slits you made. Season the chicken breasts on both sides with salt, pepper and ½ of the dried oregano.
Sear the chicken: In a large cast iron skillet, heat more of the olive oil on medium-high. Sear the chicken on both sides, then add the white wine and reduce by half.
Braise the chicken: Add the lemon juice and chicken broth. Sprinkle the remaining ½ tablespoon of oregano on top and turn the heat to medium. Cover with a lid or tightly with foil. Cook for about 5 to 6 minutes on one side, then turn the chicken over and cook for 5 to 6 additional minutes, or until the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165°F.
Finish the chicken and serve: Uncover and top with chopped onions, tomatoes and olives. Cover again and cook for 3 minutes. Finish with the parsley and feta cheese (if using). Enjoy!
Recipe Adapted from: https://www.themediterraneandish.com/