- 1 ¾ lbs. skinless boneless chicken breasts
- 2 green onions, chopped
- ½ cup diced celery
- 1 cup diced apple
- ½ cup pecans, toasted and chopped
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 5 tablespoons OLEA's Basil Infused Olive Oil
- 3 tablespoons OLEA's Peach White Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 tablespoons plain Greek yogurt
- Sea salt and fresh cracked pepper
- Poach chicken breasts by filling a 2-to-3-quart sauce pan full of water.
- Add the chicken breasts and 1 tablespoon of salt.
- Bring to a full boil and then turn off the heat and cover the pot.
- After 12 minutes, remove one of the breasts and cut into the thickest part to check for doneness. If there is any pink, return to the pot for another 5 minutes.
- The breasts are done when they are uniformly white and opaque and register at least 165 degrees F in the middle.
- Remove to a colander to drain and cool.
- When the chicken is cool, cut into ½” cubes and place into mixing bowl, followed by the green onion, celery, apple, parsley, pecans, Greek yogurt, basil olive oil, and peach balsamic vinegar with a few grinds of pepper.
- Stir gently to combine.
- Taste and add more salt and pepper if needed.
- Spoon onto bread of your choice, or eat by itself, and enjoy!
Recipe adapted from The Little Shop of Olive Oils