- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp fine sea salt
- 2 large eggs
- ⅓ cup OLEA's Lemon Fused Olive Oil
- 1½ cups granulated sugar, divided use
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp lemon zest
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup confectioner’s sugar
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs, 1 cup sugar, Lemon Olive Oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, and vanilla until combined.
- With a spatula, slowly add the flour mixture and stir to combine. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the freezer for an hour to chill. (Chilling the dough allows for easier handling).
- In a small shallow dish or bowl, place the remaining ½ cup granulated sugar. Place the powdered sugar in another shallow dish or bowl.
- Scoop a level tablespoon of the chilled dough and roll into a ball. First, roll in the granulated sugar, pressing gently to coat. Next, roll in the powdered sugar and place on parchment lined baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining dough leaving 2-inches between each dough ball as cookies will spread slightly as they bake.
- Bake 5 minutes and rotate pan. Bake an additional 5-7 minutes or until puffed and cracked on top. Remove from oven and place cookies on a cooling rack to cool completely.
Recipe adapted from coronadotasteofoils.com