Chocolate Covered Balsamic Strawberries
- 1 pint strawberries
- 1 Tbsp. Strawberry Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. Raspberry Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. Chocolate Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. Espresso Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 c. chocolate
- 1/4 c. Espresso Balsamic Vinegar
In a large bowl add all balsamic vinegars except 1/4 cup Espresso) with stawberries. Let stand in fridge for 1-2 hours. Drain and dry strawberries. Melt chocolate in double boiler. Hold the stem and dip strawberries one at a time in chocolate. Shake off excess chocolate and place on cookie sheet. Cool in fridge until chocolate has hardened. Drizzle Espresso Balsamic vinegar over top before serving.
Homemade Lemon Granola
- 3 cups oats or steel cut oats
- 1 cup of raisins (if desired)
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup OLEA’s Lemon Fused Olive Oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 and 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Note: Additional ingredients may be added including pumpkin seeds, slivered almonds, chia seeds,
Preheat oven to 325F. Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl. Stir together and place on baking sheet. Cook for 15 minutes but be sure to stir every five minutes. Mix with yogurt and a few fresh berries or banana…..a drizzle of your favourite balsamic vinegar adds a nice flavour too!
Tuscan Herb Garlic Bread
- 1 loaf ciabatta bread or french loaf
- 1/2 cup Tuscan Herb Infused Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp Butter Infused Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup chopped flat leaf parsley
- salt and pepper
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Slice the ciabatta bread in half horizontally and spread both olive oils on one either side, garnish with parsley and put the halves together. Wrap in aluminum foil and place bread in oven for 5 minutes to bake. Open foil and continue baking for an additional 5 minutes. You can also open halves up and broil for last few minutes.
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives, pitted
- 1/4 small red onion
- 1/4 cup Garlic Infused Olive Oil
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp chopped fresh oregano leaves
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 2 Tbsp chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1/2 tsp cracked black pepper
- 1 lb block feta cheese
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Slice the tomatoes and olives in half, roughly chop the onion and add them to the mixing bowl. Drizzle in the olive oil and lemon juice and sprinkle with seasonings. Toss to evenly coat.
Line a small baking tray or shallow baking dish with parchment paper. Place the block of feta in the middle of the paper. Top the feta with the tomato mixture, piling it high and allowing some to fall to the side. Scrape out the bowl that the tomato mixture was in, drizzling any residue oil and seasonings over the top of everything.
Bake uncovered for 20 minutes, until the tomatoes are starting to caramelize and the feta has softened. Feta cheese doesn’t melt, but as it warms it softens and becomes spreadable. Serve warm with pita chips, crackers or fresh crusty bread.
- 1/4 cup Serrano Honey Vinegar
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup thinly sliced yellow onion
- 4 large ripe tomatoes, chopped
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil for drizzling
Combine the vinegar, salt and onions in a medium bowl. Toss and set aside for 5 minutes to allow the flavours to blend. Add tomatoes and combine thoroughly. Drizzle with olive oil. Set aside for 15 minutes before serving.
Chipotle Lime Hummus
- 540g can of chickpeas, drained
- 1/3 cup Chipotle Olive Oil
- 1/3 cup Persian Lime Olive Oil
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 2 tsp Dark toasted Sesame Oil
- 2 cloves of garlic
Place all ingredients in a food processor or blender and pulse until smooth. Serve with a sprinkle of salt and pepper.
Blood Orange Cupcakes
- One vanilla cake mix (or prepare white cake batter from scratch)
- Blood Orange Fused Olive Oil
Replace vegetable oil that is called for in cake mix with the Blood Orange Fused Olive Oil and follow remainder of instructions as per box. For added orange flavouring include 1-2Tbsp of Blood Orange when making buttercream icing for the cupcakes.
Asparagus Wrapped in Prosciutto
- 2 lb large asparagus
- 4 oz prosciutto
- 2 tsp Gravelbourg French style mustard
- 1/4 cup Tuscan Herb Infused Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup Sicilian Lemon White Balsamic Vinegar
- salt and pepper
Prepare asparagus by snapping off the tough stem end. Wrap diagonally with prosciutto covering as much of the stalk as possible but leave the tip visible. Place on a tray or small baking sheet. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour. This will help the prosciutto adhere to the asparagus.
In a small bowl whisk the vinegar and mustard. Drizzle the olive oil while whisking to form an emulsion. Set aside.
Grill the asparagus until the prosciutto us crispy. Whisk vinaigrette again and pour half of it on a serving platter. Pile the asparagus on top. Drizzle with remaining vinaigrette. Garnish with grated lemon zest. Serve immediately.
Vegetable Grill with Balsamic Red Wine Glaze
- 1/2 cup Traditional Dark Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/4 cup red wine
- 2 lbs mixed vegetables such as tomatoes, carrots, radishes, mushrooms
- 2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 oz Prosciutto
Make the balsamic glaze: combine the balsamic vinegar and red wine in a medium saucepan and simmer until the liquid is reduced to 1/4 cup, about 25 minutes. Gently toss the vegetables with the olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Grill until lightly golden and softened. For sturdier vegetables, such as carrots and radishes about 10 minutes; onions and mushrooms, about 5 minutes; tomatoes 1 1/2 minutes per side. Grill the Prosciutto just until warmed. Transfer all of the grilled vegetables and prosciutto to a platter and drizzle with 2 to 3 tablespoons of the glaze.
Orange-Olive Romaine Salad with Fennel Vinaigrette
- 5 Tbsp Blood Orange Fused Olive Oil
- 3 Tbsp Cara Cara Orange Vanilla White Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 tsp fennel seeds, toasted and crushed
- 1 tsp Gravelbourg French Style Mustard
- Kosher salt and pepper
- 2 Romaine hearts, cut lengthwise into quarters
- 2 mini cucumbers, sliced
- 2 navel or Cara Cara oranges, segmented
- 1/2 cup Kalamata olives, torn
Combine oil, vinegar, fennel seeds, and mustard in a small jar with a tight fitting lid. Season with salt and pepper. Shake to combine. Arrange romaine on a 13x9 inch plate. Top with cucumbers, oranges and olives. Cover and chill up to 1 day. Just before serving, drizzle with vinaigrette. Season with salt and pepper.
Grilled Lemon Garlic Zucchini
- 1/4 cup Herbs de Provence Infused Olive Oil
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp Sicilian Lemon White Balsamic Vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 medium zucchini, cut diagonally into 1/2 inch thick slices
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley leaves, option
In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, garlic and vinegar. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Brush zucchini slices with mixture on both sides. Heat grill pan over medium high heat. Add zucchini in single layer and grill until charred on both sides and just beginning to soften, about 2 minutes per side. Serve immediately, garnish with parsley if desired.
Parmesan Truffle Fries with Balsamic Aioli
- 3 large russet potatoes
- 4 Tbsps Garlic Infused Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 Tbsp White Truffle Oil
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Leave the skin on the potatoes. Cut each potato in half the long way, then cut into wedges. In a bowl toss the cut potatoes with the olive oil, salt and pepper. Lay out flat on a sheet pan and roast for 15 minutes. Turn each wedge over and roast for about another 15 minutes or until browned and tender. Remove hot fires from sheet pan and place in a large bowl and toss with truffle oil, chopped parsley and grated parmesan.
- 2 Tbsp Sicilian Lemon White Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 2 tsp Gravelbourg Garlic Mustard
- salt and pepper
Mix all ingredients together and season with salt and pepper.
Potato Salad with Celery & Herbs
- 3 lb. red new potatoes
- Kosher salt and pepper
- 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup Dill Infused Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp Gravelbourg French Mustard
- 4 stalks celery
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parlsey
- 2 hard boiled eggs
Place the potatoes in a large pot, cover with cold water and bring to a boil. Add 2 teaspoons salt, reduce heat and simmer until the potatoes are just tender, 10 to 15 minutes. Drain and run under cold water to cool. Cut the potatoes in half or quarter if large.
Meanwhile, grate 2 teaspoons of lemon zest into a large bowl, then squeeze in the juice (you should have about 3 tbsp juice in total). Whisk in the oil, mustard and 1/4 tsp each salt and pepper. Add the potatoes and celery to the bowl and gently toss to coat. Fold in the parsley and top with eggs, if desired.
Watermelon Feta and Balsamic “Pizza”
- 1 watermelon slice, cut 1-inch thick from the center of the widest part
- 1 oz. crumbled feta cheese
- 5 to 6 kalamata olives, sliced
- 1 tsp mint
- 1 Tbsp Denissimo Dark Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil (fruity flavour)
Slice the widest part of a round watermelon in half. Lay the flat side down on a cutting board and cut a 1-inch thick slice from each half. Cut each half into 4 wedges. Place them on a round dish like a pizza and top with cheese, olives, balsamic, olive oil and mint leaves.
- 1 (32 oz.) container plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 English cucumber with peel, grated
- 1 clove garlic, pressed
- 2 Tbsp. White Lemon Balsamic
- 3 Tbsp. Dill Olive Oil
- 1 Tsp. salt (or to taste)
- 1 Tsp. fresh ground black pepper (or to taste)
Stir together yogurt, grated cucumber, garlic, lemon balsamic, and dill olive oil, in a bowl. Add salt & pepper, whisk until smooth. Pour into a serving dish, cover tightly and refrigerate 8 hours before serving. Serve with bread, pita chips or vegetables.
Roasted Balsamic Carrots
- 1 (16 oz) bag baby carrots
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil (try Garlic, Tuscan Herb, Butter or Lemon)
- 2 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar (try Neapolitan Herb or Fig)
- salt and pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Pour bag of baby carrots into an 8x8″ pan. Drizzle half of the olive oil and all of the vinegar over the carrots. Stir them around so all of the carrots are coated. Sprinkle salt and pepper over the carrots and cook for 15 minutes.
Stir the carrots and add the other tablespoon of olive oil and cook for 10-15 more minutes, or until the carrots start turning a little brown around the edges (you may want to cook for a little longer if you prefer your carrots to be softer).
- Add 1-2 teaspoons of balsamic vinegar to 1 cup of water.
You can really use any flavour of balsamic vinegar but some of our favourite’s are:
- Cranberry Pear
- Honey Ginger
- Wild Blueberry
Balsamic Glazed Chicken
- 1/2 c. OLEA’s organic dark balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp. honey
- 1 1/2 tbsp. Gravelbourg Garlic Mustard
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Vancouver Island Sea Salt to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 4 chicken breasts
- 2 c. baby red potatoes, halved (quartered if large)
- 2 tbsp.Rosemary Fused Olive oil
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. In a large bowl, combine balsamic, honey, mustard, and garlic and season with salt and pepper. Whisk until combined. Add chicken thighs and toss until fully coated, then transfer to the fridge to marinate at least 20 minutes and up to 1 hour.
Meanwhile, prep potatoes: In a medium bowl, add potatoes and rosemary and season with salt and pepper. Add 1 tablespoon olive oil and toss until combined. Set aside.
In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat remaining tablespoon oil. Add chicken and marinade and sear, skin side down, 2 minutes, then flip and sear 2 minutes more. Add potatoes to skillet, nestling them between chicken, and rosemary sprigs.
Transfer to the oven and bake until potatoes are tender and chicken is cooked through, 20 minutes. (If potatoes need longer to cook, transfer chicken to a cutting board to rest and continue cooking until tender.)
Serve chicken and potatoes with pan drippings.
Honey Garlic Stir-fry Sauce (Staff tested)
- 1 part Honey Ginger White Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 Part Garlic Olive Oil
- 1/2 part Toasted Sesame Oil
- 1/2 part Maple Balsamic Vinegar
You can use this combo in many different ways! To flavour your stir-fry, mix the three ingredients in a small bowl. Add to stir-fry in last moment of cooking. For a more complex sauce, add your mixture to a batch of chicken broth and cornstarch, soy sauce and ketchup, or peanut butter and water, to make some unforgettable – and easy! – stir-fries!
Italian Caesar Salad Dressing
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 cup Tuscan Herb Infused Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp Sicilian Lemon White Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Pinch dry mustard
Place all ingredients in a small bowl, mix well until fully combined, and use immediately.
- Wild Dill Infused Olive Oil
- Vancouver Island Sea Salt
Pop popcorn and drizzle with dill olive oil and sea salt to taste.
Honey Dill Dip
- 1/2 c. mayonnaise
- 2 tsp. honey
- 4 tsp. Wild Fernleaf Dill Olive Oil
Mix together and let sit at least ½ an hour for flavours to blend. Serve with chicken fingers and sweet potato fries, or as a sandwich spread.
Tuscan Herb Tomato/Cucumber Mozza Sticks
- 1/4 c. Tuscan Herb Olive Oil
- 1 package cherry tomatoes
- 1 cucumber
- 1 container of Mozzarella balls (bococcini)
Cut up cucumbers into bit size. Place one tomato, a cucumber and a mozza ball on toothpick. Place on serving dish and drizzle with Tuscan Herb Olive Oil. For extra flavour add a dark balsamic vinegar for drizzling as well.
Sweet, Savory, and Heat Nuts and Bolts (About 14 cups)
- 3 c. corn and rice cereal
- 3 c. crisp oat cereal circles
- 3 c. whole wheat cereal squares
- 3 c. fish-shaped cheese crackers
- 3 c. pretzel sticks
- 1/2 c. unsalted, blanched peanuts
- 3/4 c. Garlic Olive Oil
- 1/4 c. Chipotle Olive Oil
- 4 Tbsp. Neapolitan Herb Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. celery salt
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp. salt
Preheat oven to 250 degrees F. Combine first 6 ingredients in a large roasting pan, set aside.
Heat oil in a small saucepan over medium heat. Whisk in next 8 ingredients until blended. Pour mixture over cereal mixture and toss gently to coat.
Bake, stirring every 30 minutes, for 2 hours. Cool completely in a pan on a rack. Store in an airtight container in a cool dry place for up to 1 week or freeze for up to 1 month.
Pea Lemon Mint Risotto
Use approx 6 boneless, skinless chicken thighs or breasts. Marinate in chopped garlic, lemon juice, OLEA Lemon Fused Olive Oil and salt and pepper for 4-6 hours. Grill 5-6 minutes per side or until done.
- OLEA Butter Infused Olive Oil
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup Arborio rice
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 – 900ml carton of vegetable broth
- 1 cup peas, from frozen
- 1 handful fresh mint, coarsely chopped
- fresh grated parmesano reggiano (a generous handful)
- 1/4 cup butter
- OLEA Sicilian Lemon White Balsamic Vinegar
- salt and pepper
Warm broth in a pot. In another pot hear Butter oil over med-high heat. Add onions, garlic and fry for 2-3 min until translucent. Add rice, stir for 2-3 minutes until rice is toasted. Add white wine, stir until absorbed (1-2mins). Add aprox. 1/2 cup broth stir until fully absorbed. Repeat slowly adding broth and stirring until gone. Make sure it’s fully absorbed before adding more. Should be about 20-30 minutes. Near the end it will start to get soupy and you’ll adjust your threshold for absorption. You want the rice al dente with some liquid left, it’s not suppose to be a ball of paste on a plate. Add in peas, butter, cheese (reserve some for topping), mint, salt & pepper. Turn off heat and stir together.
Arrange on plate, chop and arrange chicken on risotto. Drizzle OLEA butter oil around base of risotto. Drizzle OLEA Sicilian Lemon White Balsamic Vinegar over risotto and chicken. Top with more grated cheese and salt and pepper as desired.
Soak cedar plank for a couple hours in cold water. Heat BBQ to med-high, let salmon come to room temp. Mix brown sugar, grainy mustard and maple syrup, salt & pepper to a thick paste. Put cedar plank on BBQ, adjust heat so that BBQ is about 425 degrees. Once cedar plank starts to smoke a bit (couple minutes) put the salmon on the plank. Add sugar-mustard mix on salmon. Let cook until salmon is done to liking (~15-20 minutes depending on size of fish).
Whole carrots, trimmed and washed
Mix OLEA’s Wild Mushroom and Sage Infused Olive Oil, fresh thyme, coarsely chopped garlic and salt & pepper. Coat carrots with mixture and roast in oven at 425 for 15 minutes (for al dente)
1 head of cauliflower, trimmed and separated into pieces.
Half a red onion plus 3 garlic cloves chopped in half.
Mix together in bowl and coat with OLEA Butter Infused Olive Oil and salt & pepper. Roast in the oven for about 20 minutes at 425.
Add grated reggiano (or parmesan) after it comes out of the oven and when still hot.
Roast whole head of garlic (cut top off, cover in olive oil and wrap in foil) at 375-400 in oven for 30-40 minutes.
Boil potatoes until tender (but not too much)
Mash potatoes with garlic, OLEA Butter Infused Olive Oil, cream and salt & pepper
Blood Orange Cinnamon Pear Brussel Sprouts
- Fresh Brussel Sprouts – wash, trim and cut in half
- Slivered almonds
- OLEA’s Blood Orange Fused Olive Oil
- OLEA’s Cinnamon Pear Dark Balsamic Vinegar
Drizzle oil and vinegar on brussel sprouts and add slivered almonds. Bake at 400F until carmalized and sprouts are tender. If you wish to speed up the cooking time, steam sprouts partially and then cook in the oven to finish.
- 2 cans 6 bean medley
- 1 can black beans
- 1 can kernel corn
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1/4 cup OLEA’s Blood Orange Fused Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup OLEA’s CaraCara Orange Vanilla White Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
Mix vinegars and oil together and add to the rest of the ingredients. Best to marinate overnight.
Roasted Tomato Bruschetta with Basil and Ricotta
- 1 loaf of good quality crusty Italian or French bread
- 2 cups fresh, good quality ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
- 1/4 cup Tuscan Herb or Garlic Olive Oil
- 3 cups super sweet cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup packed fresh basil leaves
- 3 large garlic cloves
- 1 cup good quality sun dried tomatoes in oil, drained well
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- fresh cracked pepper to taste
Prepare a grill, BBQ or oven at 425F. In a medium bowl, whisk the ricotta with 1 teaspoon salt and set aside.
Toss the cherry tomatoes with 1/4 cup fresh EVOO, a teaspoon of salt and pepper to taste. Roast the cherry tomatoes in a cast iron skillet for 15 minutes until blistered and fragrant. Set aside to cool.
Slice the bread into 1″ thick slices, drizzle with 1/4 cup EVOO and grill over high heat until golden brown about 5 minutes per side. Using two of the garlic cloves rub each side of the still warm grilled bread. Set aside.
Sundried Tomato and Basil Pesto
In the bowl of a food processor or blender, add the sundried tomatoes, 1/2 cup basil, 1 garlic clove, 1/4 cup Tuscan Herb Olive Oil and process to a paste consistency.
Spread 1 tablespoon sundried tomato paste over one side of each slice of grilled bread. Top by spreading 1 tablespoon of ricotta. Then place 2 or 3 cherry roasted cherry tomatoes over the ricotta layer and then add a basil leaf between each tomato or sprinkle the bruschetta with torn basil leaves. Finish each bruschetta with additional sea salt, fresh ground pepper and a drizzle of EVOO or an infused olive oil of your choice. Serve immediately.
Mango Balsamic & Lime Olive Oil Frozen Yogurt
- 2 cups full fat, thick yogurt
- 1 1/2 cups thawed mango puree (or fruit puree of choice)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons powered milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup Lime Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons key lime white balsamic
An ice cream maker is required. In a large bowl whisk all ingredients together until sugar completely dissolves. Churn mixture according to manufacturer’s instructions. Serve right away as soft serve or transfer to an airtight container and harden in freezer for 4 to 5 hours.
Smoky Roasted Almonds
- 3 cups (1 pound) whole raw almonds
- 2 tablespoons Olive Wood Smoked Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh or dried rosemary leaves, crushed
In a medium bowl, toss together all ingredients until almonds are well coated. Spread the almonds in a single layer on to a large baking sheet. Roast for 10-15 minutes, stir and continue roasting for another 10 minutes until fragrant and golden brown. Cool completely before serving. Makes 3 cups.